Uncategorized

APC govt lying about coup allegations – Frank

•says it is an attempt to protect stolen mandate

•We are not planning any coup, DHQ speaks

•berates FG for borrowing another $1bn loan from China

By Idowu Isamotu and Adekunle Adebayo

Former chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Timi Frank, on Thursday flayed the Nigerian Government’s claim that some persons are planning to overthrow its administration ahead of May 29th inauguration.

Frank, who challenged military to name those persons planning the coup in a statement made available to journalists in Abuja, also accused APC-led federal government of trying to conceal some facts about what he termed ‘stolen mandate’.

“There are evil plans to frame up the Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, arrest him or assassinate him in a bid to protect the stolen mandate.

“It is a known that APC government is doing everything to eliminate Atiku Abubakar in a bid to protect the stolen mandate. There is no peace for the election riggers,” he said.

The political activist noted Buhari, as a man of integrity as claimed, should have delayed May 29 inauguration till Supreme Court decides, as he (Buhari) did in the case of the former CJN Walter Onnoghen.

He advised minister of Information, Alh. Lai Mohammed to leave out Atiku, of their woes considering how panicky their government is now, adding that the PDP Presidential candidate is a democrat who has no history of political violence.

But when one of our correspondents contacted Defense Headquarters through Muhammed Wabi, a navy captain and Deputy Director of Defence Information, the DHQ referred our correspondent to a statement issued on Tuesday where it accused a group, “Nigerian Continuity and Progress (NCP)’’ as being behind the document.

Wabi insisted that the military is not in anyway planning to overthrow present Nigerian government.

“The Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) wishes to dissociate itself from the rascality and intentions as espoused in a document being circulated by a faceless group named Nigerian Continuity and Progress (NCP) calling for support of a revolution to oust the current democratically elected government and in its place establish an illegitimate interim government.

“Accordingly, members of the public are enjoined to discountenance the content of the documents being circulated by NCP and equally condemned in totality, the call to derail our hard earned democracy,’’ the statement said.

“The AFN outright condemns the undemocratic and demonic actions of the author of the document.

On the plan to borrow another $1 billion Chinese loan, Frank said the APC government is gradually mortgaging the future of the unborn Nigerians, saying the President has not explained what he did with the $1 billion withdrawn from the Excess Crude Account for security purpose.

“My question has always been, what has he been doing with all the loans so far collected ever since this government came to power? Where is the money they boasted to have recovered from the perceived looters? What about the huge money claimed to have been generated by the agencies of this government?

“The insecurity is getting worse. Corruption under Mr integrity is on the highest level. Poverty, unemployment and MMM kind of economy are now the order of the day under the APC administration.”

He called on Nigerians to speak up against what he described as evil tendencies of APC government.

He called on the international community to caution the military against their utterances and their role in politics as well as the federal government of Nigeria on the plot to kill Atiku, whom he described as the rightful winner of the 2019 presidential election.

Related Posts