Banditry: Zamfara Police Chief,Usman Nagogo Speaks on Successes
This press briefing was summoned to update you on the feat so far achieved by the command in the on-going effort to rid the state of all form of criminal elements. This is being carried out under the special operation initiated by the Inspector General of police IGP Mohammed A. Adamu NPM mni, code named ”Operation Puff Adder”.
You may recall that I have made mentioned severally in my previous press conference that, the on-ogoing peace and reconciliation initiative will not divert our attention to other crimes being perpetrated in both urban and rural areas.
To this end, our tactical teams attached to Operation Puff Adder have between the month of september and october, 2019 arrested fourteen (14) notorious criminals belonging to different syndicates of Armed robbers, Rapist, serial snatchers of M/cycle / Tricycles, Kidnapping and other heinous crime from different locations and hideout in the state as follows:-
(1) ARREST OF NOTORIOUS CAR SNACHING SYNDICATE AND RAPIST:-
1. Mohammed Dahiru Alias “Emeka Pastor2. Abubakar Ahmed3. Sani Garba 4. Sama’ila Abubakar5. Abubakar Ibrahim
1. One (1) mark rout pistol breech No. 2537 with two (2) Round of live ammunition 2. One (1) Toyota Hillux Vehicle white in colour belonging to NDE office, Zamfara State.3. One (1) Toyota Corolla S Vehicle red in colour4. One (1) Toyota Corolla LE Vehicle ash in colour5. One (1) Honda Accord Vehicle6. Four (4) plasma TVs7. Three (3) Generators8. One (1) sewing machine9. Two (2) Gas cylinders10. Two (2) Ceiling fans11. One (1) Iron Stone 12. One (1) Carpet13. One (1) Z pad x 7 table14. One (1) Nokia handset15. One Techno handset and other numerious exhibits reasonable suspected to be stolen.
On 4th October, 2019, Operation Puff Adder attached to Tudun Wada Division arrested the above mentioned hoodlums who have been terrorizing innocent people of Gusau and its environs with criminal activities ranging from armed robbery, Houses/shops breaking, snatching of vehicles/Motorcycles on gun point.
Their recent atrocity was at the house of coordinator National Directorate of Employment (NDE) Zamfara State where they went to his house, robbed him, and made away with his official Toyota Hillux Vehicle on gun point, and later took the vehicle to Niger Republic for sale.
All the suspects confessed to their past and present crimes and further led the police investigation team to suleja in Niger state as well as Niger Republic where three (3) other stolen vehicles belonging to Nura Garba Daura, of Federal University Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi state. Nasiru Ahmed of Nasarawa Tudun Wada area, Gusau and Ibrahim Sani of Sabon Gari area, Gusau were recovered. All the vehicles were stolen at gun points and in some of the robberies, women were raped and subjected to all forms of humiliation.
The searches in their houses led to recoveries of so many stolen items that will be displayed during the conference.
(2) SMASHING OF NOTORIOUS SNACHING SYNDICATE OF MOTORCYCLES/TRICYCLES:-
NAMES OF SUSPECTS:-
1. Mubarak Abdullahi ‘M’2. Sanisi Muhammed ‘M’3. Ahmed Bello Buzu ‘M’4. Usman Idris Zico ‘M’5. Musa Abdullahi ‘M’6. Ibrahim lawali ‘M’7. Yusha’u mamman ‘M’8. Lawali lalan, Ibrahim lazy, umaru mai Damma and Nasiru Mohammed a.k.a Dan Gummi now at large
1. Nine (9) different brands of M/cycles
Sequel to a complaint lodged at central police station by one Ibrahim Isma’il ‘M’ of Gada biyu area Gusau that on 3th October, 2019 while he was performing Isha’i prayer, unknown criminal entered his house and stole away his motor cycle which he parked in the house. Police swung into action and arrested Mubarak Abdullahi with a stolen Motorcycle alkng Magazu on his way to Funtua to dispose it.
Investigation revealed that, Mubarak Abdullahi and his accomplices are serial M/cycles and Tricycles snatchers and have been terorrising innocent people . Further investigation led to the recovery of eighy (8) other motorcycles suspected to be stolen. Suspects will be charged to court as soon as investigation is completed.
ARREST OF SERIAL SNATCHER OF MOTORCYCLES/TRICYCLES:-
NAME OF SUSPECT:-
1. Abdullahi Ibrahim alais AZ ‘M’ Fakon IDI Area Talata Mafara
1. Eight (8) different brand of Motorcycles On 8th October, 2019 at about 0820hrs, Operation Puff Adder team in Talata Mafara arrested the above named suspect in possession of an unregistered Boxer Motorcycle suspected to be stolen. The motorcycle could not be accounted for by the suspect. Investigation into the case led to the recovery of seven (7) other motorcycles reasonably suspected to be stolen. Investigation is in progress with a view to arresting other members of his gang now at large.
ARREST OF SUSPECTED KIDNAPPER/RECOVERY OF FOUR (4) MOTORCYCLES IN BUKKUYUM LGA:-
NAME OF SUSPECT:-
1. Aliyu Alhaji Riskuwa ‘M’ of kairu village in Bukkuyum LGA
1. Four (4) different brands of Motorcycles
As part of our strategy to rid the state of all criminal elements, on 6th October 2019, our Operatives in Bukkuyum LGA, as a result of that operation, the above mentioned suspect was arrested. In the course of investigation, he was connected with a case of kidnapping of three (3) persons at the house of one Alhaji Babuga ‘M’ of kairu village where the sum of twenty million naira was demanded. Four (4) Motorcycles suspected to be stolen were recovered during the raid operations. Investigation is in peogress with a view to fishing out his gang members for prosecution.
In view of the above recovery, I want to use this forum to call on members of the public whose vehicles and motorcycles or other properties showcased in this briefing robbed or stolen to come to the Police Command Headquarters with geniune documents for identification and possible release. I also want appeal for continued support and cooperation from members of the public in the ongiong fight against crime and criminality in the state.
Finally, I appreciate the contribution of the press whose cooperation and synergy assistef tremendously in the successes achieved in the state. May Allah continue to bless all of us Amin.
CP Usman Nagogo psc+,Commissioner of Police,Zamfara state CommandGusau.