"> Again,Army Releases Repentant Boko Haram Insurgents - Sahel Standard
February 24, 2020
News Top Stories

Again,Army Releases Repentant Boko Haram Insurgents

The Nigerian Army and Borno state government; have released 136 Boko
Haram repentants  under Operation Safe Corridor (OSC) skills
acquisition training for acceptance and integration into communities.


Over 1,400 repentants were handed over to state government, after
52-week skills acquisitions training programme in Gombe state.


While addressing repentants Thursday in Maiduguri, OSC’s Coordinator
Maj-Gen. Bamidele Shafa said besides the army, the international
community is ready to accept repented insurgents for deradicalisation,
training and integration into Borno, Adamawa and Yobe communities.


He said the visit to Gwoza and Bulumkutu rehabilitation centres, was
to assess the reintegration exercise and how repentants are doing
before integrating them into society.


“The doors are still open for more insurgents lay down their arms,” he
said, saying that over 2, 000 repentants accepted the safe corridor
initiative for peace to reign.


Musa Njidda, an ex-Boko Haram member from Gwoza told the Coordinator
that more insurgents are coming out from the bush.


He disclosed that this year, 10 insurgents had surrendered to troops
operating in Sambisa Forest.
Njidda said that the community leaders had been informed to allow
repentants join their family members.


“Our community leaders have accepted repentant Boko Haram insurgents
with supply of food and other items for integration,” he said.


According to Shafa, this is a good testimony, the President’s
deradicalisation exercise, is working for more repentants to be
trained and integrated.


“The safe corridor exercise will receive and train them for
reintegration into their respective communities,” he assured.

Please follow and like us:

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *