10 out of 14 SWC Members Endorse Adagunodo’s Suspension
10 out of 14 members of State Working Committee of Osun State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) have endorsed the suspension of Hon Soji Adagunodo by the National Working Committee of the party.
This was in a communique endorsed by the SWC after its meeting today . The full statement is published below:
“The State Working Committee of our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party in Osun State met today, Monday, 4th of May 2020, under the newly appointed acting chairman, Elder Sunday olatunde Akanfe (Atidade) to deliberate on the state of affairs of the party in line with recent developments in the party.
The State Working Committee after fruitful deliberations wishes to state as follows:
1. That SWC wishes to express our profound gratitude to the National Working Committee of the party for their efforts in clearing all grey areas capable of causing mistrust of the public or clog in the wheel of administrative machineries of the party in the state.
2. That Contrary to insinuations and misinformations in some quarters, the emergence of Elder Sunday Olatunde Akanfe (Atidade) as acting Chairman of the PDP in Osun State was the only thing that could have happened as a natural law of succession in any democratic setting devoid of ugly manipulative infractions.
3. For the sake of emphasis, the SWC welcomed the choice of Elder Sunday Olatunde Akanfe (Atidade) as most reasonable having been elected alongside other members of the State Working Committee two years ago as the state Deputy Chairman. In the circumstances we found ourselves, the State Deputy Chairman becomes the most constitutionally probable elected party official to act in place of the Chairman, Hon Olasoji Adagunodo, who was asked to step aside from office by the National Working Committee in lieu of the ongoing investigative procedures against him by statutory authorities of the party at the National level.
4. That it will be unwise as well as unconstitutional to allow any vacuum when the party constitution as well as simple managerial stipulations have not provided room for vacuum for a critical position as headship of state chapter of political party like the PDP.
5. That other members of the State Working Committee of the party hereby pledge our unalloyed support to the acting Chairman, Elder Sunday Olatunde Akanfe (Atidade) with a view to moving the party forward in the state and in the best interest of the teeming members of the party.
6. All correspondences in respect of the office of the chairman of the PDP in Osun State should thereby be directed officially to Elder Sunday Olatunde Akanfe (Atidade) forthwith.
7. Hereunder forms the list of elected members of the state working committee present at the meeting as signed.
1. Elder Sunday Akanfe (Atidade) – State acting Chairman
2. Barrister Wale Ojo – Senatorial Leader, Osun East
3. Alhaji Taye Ambali – Senatorial Leader, Osun West.
4. Otunba Tunde Abesin – Senatorial Leader, Osun Central.
5. Hon Sunday Bisi – Publicity Secretary
6. Mrs Alice Omowumi Otunla – State Women Leader
7. Comrade Seyi Bamidele Abiola – State Youth Leader.
8. Hon Alalade Toba – State Auditor
9. Hon Sola Adedokun – State Organizing Secretary
10. Barrister Tewogbade Tawfiq Isola – State Legal Adviser.”