"> No Chibok Girls Abductees In Military Custody, Says Irabor - Sahel Standard
May 16, 2021
News Top Stories

No Chibok Girls Abductees In Military Custody, Says Irabor

The Chief of Defense Staff, Maj-Gen. Lucky Irabor, has said that none of the abducted Chibok girls in April 2014 is in Maiduguri military custody.

Irabor refuted the escape at the weekend, while fielding questions from journalists; after his visit to the theatre command of Operation Lafiya Dole, Maiduguri.

The escape of school girls from Boko Haram captivity, was reported last week, after military clearance operations in Sambisa Forest,

According to him; “We do not have any of the Chibok girls in our custody, so if they are not with us we have nothing to confirm again.

“It was the desire of the military to get the Chibok girls back safely and if our operations have helped those said to have escaped, I think we are glad.”

Irabor, who led the Chief of Army Staff, Maj.-Gen. Ibrahim Attahiru, Chief of Air Staff, Air vice Marshal; Isiaka Amao, and the Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Auwal Gambo, said he was at the Theatre to have a detailed brief from the theatre commander; as well as the various component commanders.

“I on behalf of the Service Chiefs pledged that there would be a new leaf to ensure that military operations receive a boost,” he said; noting that the operational objectives have not been achieved yet.

Please follow and like us:

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *