…. Commend stakeholders, warn warring communities to cooperate with representatives
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke on Wednesday screened the nominated representatives of Ifon, Ilobu, Erin-osun and Okanla communities and approved the selection of a 14-member Community Resolution Committee in relation to the Ifon-Ilobu communal clashes.
This came to the fore after a high powered security meeting with all the stakeholders from the communities who the Governor met last week.
Governor Ademola Adeleke appreciated the royal fathers and community leaders, such as the Olobu of Ilobu ,HRM Oba Ashiru Olatoye Olaniyan, The Elerin of Erin-Osun, HRM Oba Yusuf Omoloye Oyagbodun and the Eesa of Ifon-Orolu among others.
The Governor also thanked all sons and daughters of the communities for embracing peace and nominating their peace representatives who are to deliberate and bring an end to the communal crisis in the warring communities.
A Statement by the Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Kolapo Alimi revealed that the Community Peace Resolution Committee consists of four persons each from Ilobu, Ifon and Erin-Osun communities, while two representatives were also chosen from Okanla to make it a 14-member committee .
The following are the members of the 14-man Community Peace Resolution committee:
1) Chief Ashiru Jimoh Alade
(HIGH CHIEF BARA OF ILOBU)
2) Chief Goke Ogunsola
(HIGH CHIEF OTUN JAGUN OF ILOBU)
3) Chief Isiaka Oyedokun
(BAALE ILUDUN VILLAGE OF ILOBU)
4) Prince (Hon) Tajudeen Adewuyi
(PRINCE AND MEMBER OF OLOBU OF ILOBU ROYAL CHIEFTAINCY FAMILIES)
1) Prince Tajudeen Oladepo (BABA-KEKERE OLUFON)
2) Alhaji Yisa Kolawole Bello (LEADER OF THE COMMUNITY)
3) Barr Segun Olatoye (I.P.U LEGAL ADVISER)
4) Comr Adejumo Jamiu ADEWUYI (SUPERB); I.P.U SECRETARY HOME BRANCH.
FOR ERIN OSUN:
1) Chief Kayode Olawale (NATIONAL PRESIDENT E.P.U)
2) Chief Moses O. Oladipo
(BAALE OKE AWESIN)
3) Chief Adekunle Alabi
4) Alhaji Sulaiman Mukaila Azeez
1) AZEEZ BASHIR ABIMBADE
2) CHIEF TAOFIK LAWAL ARULOGUN
While wishing them success in the assignment, Osun state government further rolled out the following terms of reference as a template that will guide them in the course of carrying out the Peace mission,:
- To sit and fashion out an amicable way(s) of settling and ensuring lasting peace in the warring communities.
- To work with security agencies such as the Army, Police, Civil Defence and stakeholders for the warring communities to surrender the firearms in their possessions.
- To ensure that the residents of the communities abide by the rules and regulations established by the government to abolish the communal clashes in the communities forthwith.
Government warned that should there be any breakdown of law and order after these resolutions, members of the 14 member committee will be held culpable.
Osun government reiterated its commitment to prioritizing peace and unity in the warring communities and the entire state at large.