A Communiqué issued in Defence of Nigeria‘s Democracy, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu,GCFR and Sen.Kashim Shetima,GCON: A recap of 64 Days and 64 Nights of Sit out/Countdown at Unity Fountain Abuja from March 25th – May 29th, 2023.
- Introduction: The Tinubu Support Groups in Collaboration with coalition of Civil Society Organisations held a 64 Days and 64 Nights of sit Out/Countdown to Inauguration from March 25th to May 29th, 2023 with The Theme; In Defence of Nigeria’s Democracy, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu/Kashim Shettima Mandate.
- Aim/Objective: The Aim was to ensure that our transition process was not truncated by the enemies of Nigeria who were calling for cancellation of the Presidential election and military takeover after losing election, and the Objective of the Sit Out was to protect the popular Mandate freely given by millions of Nigerian voters to Sen. Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the 16th President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and his Vice, Sen. Kashim Shettima.
- The Sit out was well attended by All the Nigerian People of various tribes, including Christians and Muslims brethren, Captain of Industries, Political leaders, leadership of National Association of Nigerian Studies(NANS), Civil Society groups cultural Icons and Ambassadors
visited the Unity fountain. Also on hand to Solidarise were captains of Industries, children of Mr President and Political leaders.
- The Welcome Address was delivered by Comrade Tosin Adeyanju, The convener, former PCC Suppprt Groups Cordination Directorate Secretary, during which he highlighted the importance of the gathering, and why they would continue to sit out here at the Unity Fountain after the takeover from miscreants formerly using the place to discredit the free and fair election. Adeyanju said it was Imperative to protect the Popular Mandate freely given by millions of Nigerian voters and the transition process so that the death of our heroes past and sacrifice of our living legends would not be in vain.
- Cultural heritage of Nigerians were promoted on a daily basis, Skills acquisition in various fields such as beads and shoe making, hair dressing, make-ups, tieing of gele, graphic designs, photography etc were learnt by variouscategories of youths, with Scholarship was awarded to brilliant students.
Also, over five thousand wheelchairs and disabled enablements were distributed to the physically challenged.
- The sit out also featured Public Lectures and National Discourse on how to achieve the Renewed Hope Manifestoe On Security, Agricultural revolution, Students Loan, Youth and women Empowerment, Digital economy, infrastructure development and others which were all addressed by various specialist and speakers on each segment and resolutions documented for onward transmission to the President.
- Way forward and Recommendations: The panelists reviewed the current security situation and vehemently rejected and condemned in strong terms the Kidnapping, the pandemic of ritual killings, Fulani farmers clash, terrorism and banditry.
However, after a detailed insight and thorough observation of various panelists, they agreed that the renewed hope manifestoe is a well documented document that will take us to a better Nigeria if well implemented and they commended the team for a thorough job and Mr. President for the clear vision and direction for a better Nigeria.
- A conversation with Hon. James Faleke, Secretary of the Presidential Campaign Council who spoke on the Complex Path to Achieving Democratic Dividends. In his message, he appealed to Nigerians to be patient as President Tinubu begins the building of a better Nigeria. According to him, the challenges that democracy confronts in responding to the citizens needs, requires a lot of patience and support, adding that Nigeria will be great again.
- Closing Remarks and official closure of the Sit out by Tosin Adeyanju:
Fellow compatriots, I want to most sincerely thank my leader, Hon. James Faleke, for his support on the Post election intervention initiative to make the 64 days and 64 Nights a reality and worth the while. Similarly, I want to thank the Security Agencies and and Asiwaju supporters who have been part of this noble cause to see that our Democracy is defended with our daily Sit out in protecting the popular mandate of President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his Vice, Kashim Shettima.
Be rest assured that History will be kind and remember you all for your commitment towards this noble cause. God bless you all. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
31st May 2023