Fire has razed a bungalow building belonging to one Mr. Bamidele, of Igbo Ile area of Ikirun, Osun State and properties worth millions of naira destroyed during the incident.
SAHEL STANDARD learnt that the fire was caused by one occupant of the house who lit a candle in her room and went to church for prayers.
A statement by the Public Relations Officer Of Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps, Kehinde Adeleke said the fire incident occured on Monday around 12:30am.
She added that no life was lost in the fire but properties worth millions were destroyed.
Adeleke however urged residents and the general public to exercise caution and stay away from anything that may cause fire especially during the dry season.
According to her: “The fire incident occured at 00:30am according to informant and officers and men of the corps visited the scene and sympathizers were met on ground with frowned faces.
“No life was lost but properties worth millions were destroyed.
“One of the occupants of the building said a tenant lit a candle in her room, locked the door and headed to the church for prayers. It was one tenant in the house that woke in the middle of the night and raised the alarm before others were rescued.
“We advised those at the scene to be careful of the fire especially in this dry season.”